Pages

.

Sloppy Joe Slaw



I love broccoli slaw.

I love sloppy joes.

So of course I jumped at the chance to combine the two for an another awesome version of the sloppy joe. 

Hungry Girl's recipe was super simple, just ground turkey, broccoli slaw and sloppy joe sauce.  I like to make my own sauce whenever possible. So I did.  I also added some more veggies.  Still a super simple recipe and amazingly delicious!!




Sloppy Joe Slaw
Adapted from Hungry Girl

1 lb. ground turkey, 97%
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 - 12 oz. bags of broccoli slaw
2 cups sloppy joe sauce

Brown ground turkey with onions and peppers.  Add garlic, cook for another minute or so.  Add broccoli slaw and sloppy joe sauce.  Mix together and cook for about 10 minutes or until broccoli slaw has softened some. 

BBQ Sloppy Joe Sauce
1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
2 tsp. hot sauce
2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper

Mix ingredients together and stir.  This will make more than the 2 cups needed for the recipe. You can save it for something else or just add more to your sloppy joe.

Total calories = 1647 calories
2/3 cup = 122 calories
1 serving Sloppy Joe Slaw with 100 calorie Arnold Select Sandwich Thin = 222 calories
Or eat it on a corn tortilla if you are gluten free.

One Year Ago...






Oreo Amish Friendship Bread

This is linked with:

No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment