Pages

.

Lemon Coleslaw




Here is a refreshing summery coleslaw that was super tasty.  I love lemons and this was an awesome way to use one. I often buy a big bag of lemons at Costco and the kids are always asking me if they can squeeze the lemons. Who am I to deny them such pleasure?  Now...if I can only get them to clean up their mess afterwards...


 I'm hosting Presto Pasta Nights this week. Email me with your pasta recipes and I will include your recipe in the round up next Friday, July 22.  Just put a link to my blog and Presto Pasta Nights in your blog.

Lemon Coleslaw Recipe
Adapted from One Perfect Bite

2 tbsp. sour cream, light
1 tbsp. mayo, light
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. water
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 lb. coleslaw mix
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/4 cup parsley (I didn't have this but it would be good!)

Whisk together the sour cream, mayo, zest, lemon juice, sugar, water, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Add the cabbage mix, onions and parsley and toss well.  Chill, covered for about an hour before serving.

One Year Ago...








Grilled Pizza Burgers


This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin'
Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Things I Love Thursday at The Diaper Diaries
It's a Keeper Thursday at It's a Keeper
Recipe Swap at Prairie Story
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Foodie Friday at Little Brick Ranch
Fresh Food Friday at LaBella Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment