Pages

.

Ham & Pineapple Fried Rice



Ham is a staple around here.  It's the one meat that the kids all agree on, all the time. 

I loved the sound of this recipe as soon as I saw it. I just regret that it took me so long to make.


We all loved this recipe and for certain have it on the list to make again. Soon.




Ham & Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
Adapted from Eat at Home

Brown rice, (I used 1 3/4 brown minute rice as that is all I had and it was enough)
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
2 cups ham, diced (I used 16 oz.)
3 tbsp. soy sauce
Pineapple tidbits, 20 oz. (drained and juice reserved)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook the rice according to package. You can use regular or minute rice, I used minute rice and it worked fine.

Cook the onion and red pepper in cooking spray in a large pan for about 5 minutes to soften.  Add garlic, cook for another minute.  Add the ham, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tbsp. pineapple juice.  Cook for several minutes until ham is hot. 

Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook, stirring frequently.  Add the peas and carrots and heat through.  Stir in drained pineapple.  Add the cooked rice, stirring to combine.  Add soy sauce, pineapple juice, salt and pepper to taste. I added another tbsp. of soy sauce and a couple more tbsp. of pineapple juice. 

Total calories = 1950 calories
6 servings = 325 calories per serving


One Year Ago...








Quinoa Salad with Apples & Almonds




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment