Pages

.

Ginger Cookies




So I heard about The Secret Recipe Club.  It sounded like fun.  Basically, you let Amanda from Amanda's Cookin' know that you're interested, and she will let you know who your secret blogger is.  Then you can pick anything from this persons blog, make it and post it on the desired date.  Sounds like fun, right? I thought so.   


My secret blogger this month is Eggs, Cream and Honey.  I had a vast array of delicious treats to choose from.  There were several I was interested in but finally decided on the Ginger Cookies.  My husband particularly like ginger cookies and I hadn't ever made them. I thought this was a good excuse to make them!

These were gorgeous cookies!  I loved the sprinkling of sugar and how they cracked just perfect.  They tasted delicious and were gone before we knew it! 

If you're interested in joining in The Secret Recipe Club, contact Amanda.    If I did the html correctly, there should be links below to other peoples posts. I am actually on vacation without internet connection at the moment so this post is scheduled. 




Ginger Cookie Recipe
Recipe from Eggs, Cream and Honey

2 cups AP flour

2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar (plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling)
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a small bowl.


On the medium speed of a mixer, or by hand, beat together the oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and molasses and mix well. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.


Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the mix on to ungreased baking trays. Make sure to leave an inch or more between each drop. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.


Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then move on to a wire rack.

One Year Ago...








Ravioli with Roasted Zucchini, Tomatoes and Garlic




No comments:

Post a Comment