Pages

.

Garlic Bread





I got a problem with Heather from Girlichef. Oh yea, big problem.  First, she takes these incredible pictures of this garlic bread that just scream, heavenly goodness.  I swear, those pictures were so awesome that I could smell it!  Right through the computer screen, wafts of garlic kept hitting me.  Shouldn't there be a warning label or something?!



So clearly I had to make it. She said it was so good that you're "eyes rolled back in your head" as you ate this. Ha! I'll show her!




So I spent the day attending to my bread. It really wasn't overly difficult or time consuming, it just needed attention quite often.  The dough was gorgeous and easy to work with, I'll admit that.
 
 


I flustered a bit as to how to cook it as I don't have a baking stone and I almost doused my whole oven with water trying to get the boiling water into the pan for steaming.  But it all worked out.


Then I ate it.  (eyes rolling back in my head).  I ate some more.  And more.  And then ate some more for breakfast the next day. No joke, this was breakfast my friends. 


So here's my problem.  I clearly gained like 2 lbs. eating this and my breath smells like garlic.  Actually, smelling like garlic isn't a bad thing for me as I love it so much I could wear it as perfume.  (that's not weird is it?)




I do not make bread often as I tend to eat large quantities of it in a short amount of time.  Heather! You should know this about me!  Forcing Tempting me to make this bread was just too much.  Think about your readers, think about their ever expanding stomachs and the fact that their dreams of this garlic bread in the middle of the night might just cause them to start another loaf at 3 am!!  Oh yes.  Think about the effect you have on the garlic lovers out there and...start thinking of something else I can make with garlic.  :-)

Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good. ~Alice May Brock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Dan's Garlic Bread Recipe
Recipe from Girlichef


I'm going to send you to Heather's blog for this recipe.  She has excellent directions and is very descriptive.  I suggest using caution whe visiting the site however, she takes much better pictures than I do and they might make you try to jump through the computer screen causing injury to you and/or your computer.


There are a lot of steps but each step is simple and it really is easy dough to work with.  I suggest checking off the steps as you go, I found that easier for me.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago...









Island Marinated Chicken


This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners

My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just another Meatless Monday at What's for Dinner, Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou
Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Hearth n Soul at A Moderate Life & Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
Ultimate Recipe Swap:Bread at Life as Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment