Pages

.

Chocolate Bailey's Oreo Cheesecakes




So I've told you about my brothers cheesecake obsession.  He runs like 10,000 miles a week and in exchange, gets to eat a cheesecake a week. 

I don't bake for myself a lot as I end eating too much.  So I get to have fun baking for others.  I found this and totally couldn't wait to make it for him.  Okay, I did share 1/2 of one with my daughter. 


We don't drink a lot around here but I do love Bailey's Irish Cream.  Gosh, it's been years since I've had it!

My brother told me just to use cream as he didn't think the flavor of the Bailey's would come out enough to warrant buying a whole bottle.

Boy was he wrong.  I bought some mini bottles and it was delicious in this cheesecake.  You could really taste it and they were superb!





Chocolate Bailey's Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe
Recipe from Gingerbread Bagels

19 whole oreos (less if you want thicker cheesecakes)
2 - 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tbsp. flour
2 eggs, at room temperature
4 tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream
1/3 cup sour cream

Glaze:
2 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and flour.  Then add in the eggs and mix well. Add in the Irish cream and the sour cream, mix to combine.  Set aside.

Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.  Place a whole Oreo in each cupcake liner. 

Scoop the cheesecake batter on top of each Oreo, I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup as a scoop. 

Bake the cheesecake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes or until cheesecakes are set.  Once the cheesecakes are done baking, cool them in the refrigerator overnight.  Keep them in the cupcake pan as they cool.  After they have cooled, make the chocolate glaze. 

Pour the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan and bring to almost a boil, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and pour in chocolate chips.  Whisk the ingredients together until completely combined.  Spoon the glaze over the cheesecakes.  If you like, crush some Oreos in a food processor and sprinkle on top of chocolate glaze.

Total calories = 4121 calories
19 cheesecakes = 217 calories per cheesecake

This is linked with:
 Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Favorite Summer Recipes at Delightful Country Cooking
Recipe of the Week: Cakes and Pies at Family Fresh Meals


One Year Ago...








Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets




Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment