Pages

.

Zesty Sloppy Joes


More sloppy joes.  It's my blog and I can do what I want. I like sloppy joes and rarely have to make the same ones twice. 

These were quite zesty.  Thus the name. They went nicely with some mashed potatoes. 


Zesty Sloppy Joes
Adapted from Kiddie Corner Deals

2 lbs. ground turkey, lean
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. mustard
1 1/4 cups ketchup
1 tbsp. seasoned salt
2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 cans Rotel with green chile
1 tbsp. tomato paste (optional)

Brown ground turkey in a large skillet.  Add onions, peppers, garlic and seasoning. Cook 10 minutes uncovered, stirring often.  Add the ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and rotel.  Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every so often.  I added about a tablespoon of tomato paste to it to thicken it slightly and and more tomato taste.

One Year Ago...









Mexican Ground Turkey Quinoa Skillet

This is linked with:
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Gallery of Favorites at 21st Century Housewife
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Lovin' It at Tiday Mom






No comments:

Post a Comment