Pages

.

Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed Burgers


I used to make a lot of burgers.  For some reason this last year I haven't made too many of them.  I've been favoring the casserole or the crockpot lately it seems.  Or - *gulp* - buying the premade frozen burgers.  It's been awhile since I've made homemade burgers. 

I don't usually like stuffing things.  I'm always afraid it will ooze all out and just make a mess. With me cooking; often it does end up in a big old mess!



These worked out perfectly.  They were simple to make and they didn't ooze all over.  They tasted fantastic and I can't wait to make them again!

Not a pretty picture but I ate mine without the bun along with some sweet potatoes.



Jalapeno Poppers Burgers
Adapted from Colies Kitchen

2 lbs. ground turkey, extra lean
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. ancho chile powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. onion powder
1 - 2 tbsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (add to taste)

Mix the meat, worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper.

Shape the mixture into 12 patties.  Mix the cream cheese, ancho chili powder, cumin, onion powder and minced jalapeno.

Top 6 patties with the cream cheese mixture, spreading in the middle but not to the edges.  Cover each patty with one of the remaining 6 patties, sealing the edges well. 

Cook the patties on stovetop or grill until done.

One Year Ago...






BBQ Chicken Enchiladas


This is linked with:
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Recipe Swap at These Chicks Cook
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello
Ingredient Spotlight: Cream Cheese at Eat at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment