Pages

.

Jalapeno Cheddar Corndog Muffins



I've been trying to cut processed food out of my life.  Trying, but not always succeeding.  These little babies tasted like an awesome corn dog and were perfect with chili. 

I made half with the hot dogs and half without. That way I could rationalize having two muffins with dinner.  Of course I had to try them both!  I'm happy to say that they were delicious with or without the hot dog.




Jalapeno Cheddar Corndog Muffins
Adapted from As Good as Gluten

2 cups yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 egg
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
10 - 12 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 4 oz.
4 hotdogs, cut into thirds

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease 12 muffin tins with butter or cooking spray.  In a large bowl, combine ingredients from cornmeal to baking soda.  Stir well until no clumps remain. Fold in jalapeno pieces and cheddar cheese.  Pour about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin tin.  Place a third of a hot dog into the middle of each muffin tin, then bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment