Pages

.

Spaghetti Squash, Black Bean and Avocado Burrito


You may have noticed that I eat a lot of tortillas.  Tex mex food is my favorite.  I got excited when I saw Roni's recipe for these burritos.

Yes, I get excited about spaghetti squash.  Don't judge.


The only change I made to the original recipe was to add black beans.  I wanted the extra protein and they just look pretty in the burritos.

I like pretty food. 


This was a fantastic meal.  The flavors were perfect and I loved the texture of the spaghetti squash instead of rice.  Way less calories too! 



Spaghetti Squash, Black Bean & Avocado Burrito Recipe
Adapted from Green Lite Bites

2 1/2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
1/3 cup salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 avocado
Corn tortillas (or flour if your not gluten free)
Sour cream or cheese if desired

If you haven't cooked your squash. Cut in half and place on a plate with a splash of water on the bottom. Place in microwave and cook until soft and done.  About 7 - 10 minutes depending on your size of squash. Or you can cut it in half and place it in the oven on a tray with a splash of water.  Roast for about 30 - 40 minutes until done.  I often will make a large one and keep it in the refrigerator and take it out as necessary.

Warm the squash in a pan on the stove. Add the salsa, beans and spices. Heat for just a couple of minutes until warmed through. 

Top your tortillas with some avocado. I put a bit of sour cream on there too.  Top with squash mixture and enjoy!  Top with cheese if desired. 

The flour tortillas are large enough to roll as a burrito but the corn tortillas are small so I ate mine more like a taco.  It's all good. 

One Year Ago...












Naked Chicken Burrito Bowls



No comments:

Post a Comment