Pages

.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Nachos or Tacos


I've had this recipe blog for about 2 1/2 years.  I don't particularly have exotic tastes and for the most part, I don't strive to find recipes with unusual ingredients.  I think the brussels sprouts were about the most daring food I've made! 

I saw this recipe and knew it would be awesome.  I love buffalo sauce and I love ranch.  Plus the fact that it is made in the slow cooker was an obvious winner!  I thought the flavors sounded familiar and knew I had made something similar before.  I made buffalo chicken wraps about a year and half ago.  They were very similar to this recipe but maybe with the idea to use it on nachos and other things made me forget and think this was something new.  


I loved my Buffalo Chicken nachos!  I kept it simple with just a bit of cheese and scallions with a drizzle of ranch dressing.  Hubs ate his on a bun like a sandwich. My brother ate his on a tortilla as a wrap.  I ate leftovers over a baked potato.  One crockpot full of food; many different delicious ways to eat it.


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Nachos

3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cups of Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce (to taste)
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry packet seasoning

Pour the chicken in the slow cooker. Mine was still frozen. Pour about 1 1/2 cups of buffalo sauce and the packet of ranch dressing. Let cook on low for about 6 hours until chicken is able to shred. Shred chicken and add back to slow cooker and stir. Add more buffalo sauce if it's too dry. Cook for another hour or so. Serve with nachos, on tacos, burritos or buns.

Makes 6 cups of shredded chicken.  125 calories per 1/2 cup.

This is linked with:
Slightly Indulgent at Simple Sugar and Gluten Free
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
Bake with Bizzy at Bizzy Bakes




No comments:

Post a Comment