Pages

.

Applebees Weight Watchers Menu Review


I'm a calorie counter, I've never counted Weight Watchers Points.  Though it has been a very popular weight loss program and going to a restaurant and having to "guess" what you are eating is hard.  I've been known to avoid restaurants for that very reason.  Going to Applebees and knowing how many points plus your meal is has got to be an enormous help! I love when restaurants have the calories posted for me.  

I tried the Creamy Parmesan Chicken.  It was good, I would have liked a bit more flavor though. 

-- Creamy Parmesan Chicken (Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 12): Applebee's juicy grilled chicken breast with creamy au gratin Parmesan sauce, served with steamed spinach and mushroom rice pilaf.


My husband tried the Grilled Jalapeno-Lime Shrimp.  He liked it a lot and loved the flavor of the shrimp.

-- Grilled Jalapeno-Lime Shrimp (Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 8): A hearty portion of grilled chipotle lime shrimp and black bean corn salsa tossed with lime juice and chopped cilantro, served on a mix of grilled zucchini, marinated tomatoes, onions & red peppers with steamed white rice.



-- Cabernet Mushroom Sirloin (Weight Watchers PointsPlus value: 12): Applebee's 7 oz. grilled House Sirloin with sauteed Portobello mushrooms & onions in a Napa Valley Cabernet sauce with steamed herbed potatoes and garlic broccoli.

All three Applebee's selections feature PointsPlus values assigned through Weight Watchers PointsPlus program, which goes far beyond traditional calorie counting to give people the edge they need to lose weight and keep it off in a fundamentally healthier way.

Applebees was kind enough to give me a $25 gift certificate to try out the new Weight Watchers meals.  The meals were good and because they offer these reduced calorie meals, plus they have another section with lower calorie meals, we will be visiting Applebees again soon. 

My only complaint would be that I wish they had the actual calories as well as the pointsplus on the menu items. Plus, I thought the plate was huge and it made the portion appear smaller, even though it was quite filling and plenty of food.


No comments:

Post a Comment