Pages

.

Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet



My mom died when I was young so it was just my dad who raised me and my brothers. He did his best but he didn't do a lot of cooking.  We ate frozen TV dinners, potpies and a lot of hamburger helper.  A lot. 

This meal reminded me of hamburger helper.  A nice one pot meal, browning the hamburger (ground turkey in this case) and letting the potatoes cook for awhile. Yup, just like hamburger helper. 

But that's where the similarities end. 



This was delicious, healthy and completely filling.  No dried powedered flavor packet, but a tasty simple sauce. The bacon I already had in the fridge so it was a last minute addition.  A wonderful addition I would say.  I loved this casserole and was only disappointed that there weren't more leftovers.

Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Recipe

2 lbs. ground turkey
1 red pepper, chopped
2 onions, sliced in rings
8 small potatoes, sliced (I might have used more)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup pickle relish
1/3 cup mustard
1 1/2 cups ketchup
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Shredded or cubed cheese

Brown ground turkey until almost done.  Add red pepper, onions, potatoes, diced tomatoes and water and stir together.  In a small bowl, combine pickle relish, mustard and ketchup together. Add to turkey veggie mixture and stir together.  Cover and cook for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender.  Turn heat off and sprinkle with chopped bacon and cheese.  Or you can cube your cheese and stir it in the skillet.

One Year Ago...






This is linked with:
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Recipe Swap at These Chicks Cooks
Mommy Solutions at Crystal and Co.
Gluten Free Wednesdays at The Gluten Free Homemaker
Miz Helen's Country Cottage's Full Plate Thursday
Recipe Swap at It's a Keeper

BLT Hummus Wraps


No comments:

Post a Comment