Pages

.

Homemade Larabars - Laraballs


I have to admit; I've never had a Larabar.  I've heard they're delicious and I've been meaning to try them.

Now, I'm not sure I will try them. 

Now that I've made these bars or balls, I see no need to spend money on the real thing.  These were super easy and everyone loved them!  Even my pickiest eater thought they were awesome and I think he ended up eating most of them. Good thing I bought a giant package of dates and pecans at Costco!



Very Cherry Bars - Balls Recipe
Enlightened Cooking

6 oz. whole pitted dates, rough chopped
6 oz. dried cherries
9 oz. pecans
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)

Place the dates and cherries in a food processor.  Pulse until processed to a paste.  Transfer paste to a large bowl.  Don't clean processor. Add the nuts to the processor and pulse until finely chopped.  Add the nuts, along with the cinnamon to the bowl with the fruit paste.  Use your fingers to knead the nuts into the paste.  This brings back memories of playdough.

Shape into bars on wax paper or do what I did and roll them into balls. 

One Year Ago...








Lemon Chicken Pasta

This is linked with:
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Just another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's for Dinner Mom?




No comments:

Post a Comment