Pages

.

Polynesian Chicken Salad




As a ginormous fan of chicken salad, I am always on the look out for a good recipe.  I also love to try to make it as healthy as possible. 

I took this gorgeous salad from Stone Creek Market and subbed some of the mayo for greek yogurt and used light mayo and light sour cream.  The results were fantastic!  I loved it!  It was light and refreshing and super delicious!


Tropical Chicken Salad
Adapted from Stone Creek Market

1 8 oz. package of shell shaped pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained, (I used gluten free)

2 cups cooked/shredded chicken or you can use drained chicken from the can
1 8 oz. can drained pineapple, I used chunks but cut them (save the juice for dressing)
1 10 oz. can drained mandarin oranges, I gave them a rough chop
3/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 cup of your choice of chopped nuts (walnut, pecan, cashew)


Cook, rinse, drain and cool pasta. In a large bowl combine all above salad ingredients.

Mix dressing in a separate bowl:

1/2 cup mayonnaise, light
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream, light
2-3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice (to thin dressing)
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste


Add dressing to pasta salad, fold in to blend. Cover salad and chill for at least 2 hours.

One Year Ago...









Salsa Bacon Baked Beans


This is my submission to Presto Pasta Nights hosted this week by Juli from Pictures of all my Princesses
This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just another Meatless Monday at What's for Dinner, Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou
Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Hearth & Soul at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu at Dining with Debbie
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Recipe of the Week at Family Fresh Meals



garage sales in Maple Grove onYard Sale Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment