Pages

.

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna



I was excited when I saw this recipe.  Another way to use my Franks Buffalo Sauce!  Yea!

I think I scared my husband when he tasted it though.  He got home late and I didn't tell him what it was when he grabbed a piece.  I think he was expecting regular old lasagna. This threw him for a loop!

He liked it but just wasn't expecting the hot sauce and pepperjack flavor.


This is one of my higher calorie meals so it wouldn't be something that we'd eat all the time (though it was so good, I could eat it all the time!)

The flavor was perfect, not too spicy. Just the right amount of kick.  :-)



Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Adapted from Prevention RD

12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 large onion, diced
3 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup Franks buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups water
15 oz. ricotta cheese, low fat
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
6 slices pepperjack cheese
Cook chicken in pan on medium high heat with 1/2 cup of Franks hot sauce. Cook until shreddable.  You will need to add some water so it won't stick.  Shred chicken.  Add onion to pan and cook for a few minutes to soften.  Add shredded chicken and the other 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce.  Stir and heat for a few minutes.  Add spaghetti sauce and water and stir. 

In another bowl, combine ricotta and egg together. 

Spread 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of pan.  Arrange 4 noodles over the sauce.  Spread more of the sauce, then a layer of ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.  Add another layer of sauce, noodles, ricotta, and mozzerella, noodles and ending with the sauce.

 Cover and bake 70 minutes. Uncover and place cheese slices on top, then bake for another 15 minutes uncovered. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.  

Total calories = 4300
8 servings = 538 calories per serving

One Year Ago...











Pasta Rotini with Eggplant Tomato Sauce

This is linked with:

Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu at Dining with Debbie
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
Fall Crawl at The Artsy Girl Connection
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment