Pages

.

Candy Corn Bark



 
As soon as fall comes, out comes the candy corn.  It's everywhere.  I've always wondered why it doesn't come in different colors other times of the year.  Maybe it does but it's not popular, that's for sure. Maybe it's just meant to be orange and yellow.
 
I've seen many different desserts made with candy corn.  I made Homemade Butterfinger Bars last year with candy corn.   Holy cow were those good!
 

 
 I knew when I found this recipe for Candy Corn Bark, that this would be my candy corn dessert of the year.  I couldn't for the life of me find candy corn M&M's though.  No worries, I just bought some other fall colored M&M's. 
 
My son actually made most of this.  Crushing the oreos and pretzels is probably the most fun. The almond bark was really good and the kids all loved it.  I do think that it could have used a bit more chunks of oreo and pretzels in the bark. Very, very sweet but super tasty!
 




Candy Corn Bark
Adapted from Cooking with K

14 Golden Oreo Sandwich Cookies
1 cup pretzels
24 oz. Chocolate Almond Bark
24 oz. Almond Bark
1 1/2 cups Candy Corn
9 oz. White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms (or any M&M's)
Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Break up Oreos and spread across lined pan. Arrange pretzels evenly around the broken Oreos; set aside.
 
In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate almond bark in the microwave 2-4 minutes at 30 SECOND intervals until chocolate is melted. Pour over the Oreo cookies and pretzels; set aside.

In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate almond bark in the microwave 2-4 minutes at 30 SECOND intervals until chocolate is melted. Pour over the chocolate almond bark layer.

Sprinkle the candy corn evenly over the almond bark. Sprinkle the candy corn M&Ms evenly over the almond bark. Scattering them around the candy corn.

Pick up the pan and let it slam against the counter two or three time to set all the candy. Set the pan in a cool place to harden.

Remove the parchment paper with the candy and set on the counter. Cut or break up into serving pieces as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment