Pages

.

Homemade Furniture Cream


Over the years I have experimented with a number of home-made cleaning products.  One that I rather like is this recipe for beeswax furniture cream.

I haven't used the cream a great deal because I rarely seem to get around to polishing my wooden furniture, but should the urge strike, I have an enormous amount ready to go.

This recipe comes from How to Clean Practically Anything.

Beeswax Furniture Cream

125 ml (1/2 C) water
2 tbsp pure soap flakes
125 g (4 oz) natural beeswax
2 C turpentine
2-3 drops lemon pure essential oil

Put the water in a saucepan, add the soap flakes and heat over a low flame.  When dissolved set aside to cool.  melt the beeswax in a double saucepan over boiling water.  remove from the heat and beat in the water and soap flake mixture.  Cool a little before blending in the turpentine.  Beat together until smooth.  Pour into a wide-mouthed jar or container and cover with an airtight lid.

Use on sealed or polished wood furniture.  Apply with a soft lint-free cloth.  Polish afterwards with a soft dry lint-free cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment