Pages

.

Chobani Yogurt Parfaits


One of the perks of having a food blog is that companies will often ask you to review their product and send samples.  I love getting samples.  I've been introduced to some awesome products that I'd never tried but now are favorites because of the free samples. 

Chobani offered me some samples and while I had eaten (and loved) Chobani yogurt before, I was more than happy to accept and do a review.


As it was obviously a cooled product so I knew when it was coming. We saw the UPS truck pull up and pull out a box.  Then another. Then another.  Then yet another. These were not small boxes.  The UPS dude was chuckling as he wheeled the Chobani yogurt up to the door. 

"Are you going on a yogurt diet or something?", he asked.

I brought them into the living room and just kinda stared at them for about 30 minutes saying, "Holy cow that is a LOT of yogurt!"


I opened a box to find 3 boxes of 12 yogurts.  That's 36 yogurts per box.  With the 4 boxes that is 144 tubs of yogurt. 

 I had 144 Chobani yogurts in my living room.

I knew that it wouldn't all fit in my refrigerator, I made a plan to give a bunch to some friends.  I did manage to get more in the refrigerator than I thought.  I ended up giving 5 of the 12 boxes away.  That left me with 84 yogurts in my refrigerator.  Good thing we love Chobani!

The flavors of Chobani were were given were Blood Orange, Black Cherry, Pomegranate, Strawberry Banana, Blueberry, Lemon, Passion Fruit, Pineapple, Apple Cinnamon, Mango and Peach.

We kinda went a little crazy with breakfast parfaits.  We made several different kinds and they were all so, so good.  The possibilities are endless.

My favorite was the Apple Cinnamon Chobani yogurt with apple chunks and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.

My son loved the Black Cherry Chobani yogurt, fresh cherries and corn flakes.

I made a bunch of the parfaits with Honey Nut Chex cereal as it is gluten free!


The only one that we didn't care for was Passion Fruit.  Not bad but just not our favorite.  We turned those into smoothies!  I make them super thick so the kids can eat them like ice cream!

I hadn't tried the pineapple Chobani yogurt and found that just for eating plain, that was my favorite!  Thanks Chobani for all the yogurt and for introducing me to a whole bunch of delicious flavors!


Apple Cinnamon Parfait

Apple Cinnamon Chobani Yogurt
1 whole apple, diced
Cinnamon toast crunch cereal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pineapple Almond Parfait

Pineapple Chobani Yogurt
Honey Bunches of Oat with Almonds
Fresh pineapple, diced


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honey Strawberry Parfait

Strawberry or Strawberry Banana Chobani Yogurt
Honey Nut Cheerios
Fresh strawberries, sliced

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemon Blueberry Parfait (not pictured, we ate it too fast!)

Lemon Chobani Yogurt
Honey Nut Chex Cereal
Fresh blueberries

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Passion Fruit Smoothie

Passion Fruit Chobani Yogurt
Fresh or frozen fruit, we used strawberries, frozen pineapple core and a blueberry raspberry mix
Milk

Mix yogurt, fruit and a bit of milk and process in a food processor.  Add milk until desired consistency.


No comments:

Post a Comment