Pages

.

Bacon Ranch Potato Salad


I haven't been posting too many recipes lately.  I've been kinda on a cooking hiatus for the summer.  We've been eating simple things like tacos and burgers.  Some nights we'll just have corn on the cob and watermelon for dinner. I haven't been much into menu planning lately.  I expect come fall that will change. 

I can't believe I haven't posted this potato salad yet.  It's one of my favorite salads and I've already made it twice just this summer. The ranch dressing is perfect and so delicious.  You can make it to your own tastes.  More garlic if you'd like.  Add some more cayenne if you like it spicy.  Thin it out with more buttermilk if you want to drizzle it over a salad.  It's up to you. Taste and experiment!



Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe
Adaped from Simply Scratch

1 - 5 lb. bag of red potatoes, scrubbed
1 lb. bacon
5 green onions, sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. parsley or cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped (I didn't have any so I thinly sliced green onions)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 - 1 cup buttermilk
Salt and pepper to taste

Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Once cooked, drain and cool. Cut into bite sized chunks.  Place in a large bowl and add the bacon, green onions.

Combine all dressing ingredients and thin out with the 1/2 cup or more of buttermilk.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add to the potato bacon mixture and mix.  Toss in the cheddar cheese and mix again.



No comments:

Post a Comment