Pages

.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles


I've been busy this summer with parties and gatherings. It seems there is always something to go to that requires good party food.  I've found that little chocolate desserts seem to go well. They always seem to go and I often regret not making more.

I was specifically looking for a dessert this month for The Secret Recipe Club.  I was glad that Allison from Sweet Flours had plenty to pick from.  Her Honey Peanut Butter Cups were tempting.  Her Christmas Crack Candy sounded awesome and clearly should be made for any occasion.  I was completely drooling at her Tropical Caramel Corn. That stuff looks amazing!  But in the end, I wanted to go with something that the kids could help make. Actually, these were so simple that my daughter made them herself and all the kids had fun rolling them up. 


The kids had fun being creative with rolling the truffles.  The recipe called for rolling them in peanuts.  We did some in peanuts, pecans, pretzels and sprinkles. I think my favorite was the pretzels, I liked the crunch.  My kids of course loved the sprinkles even though we didn't even have pretty sprinkles.  They didn't care!

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles turned out wonderfully!  The only thing I would recommend is to maybe freeze them first if you are going to serve them in warm weather. They did get mushy but that didn't stop everyone from completely devouring them!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
Recipe from Sweet Flours

1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup finely chopped, lightly salted roasted peanuts

1. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Let cool 10 minutes.
2. Beat chocolate mixture at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until whipped and smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
3. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls, using a small ice-cream scoop. Roll in chopped peanuts. (If chocolate mixture becomes too soft to shape, refrigerate until firm.) Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Chill 1 hour before serving. Store truffles in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.











No comments:

Post a Comment