Pages

.

Thrift Tip #8: Make Every Second Month a Spend-Free Month



My new year's resolution for 2012 was to make every second month a spend-free month.

During the spend-free months I could buy groceries, pay bills and buy necessities such as school supplies for the kids, but nothing else.  The idea was to reduce impulse spending and give me time to decide whether I really need a particular purchase or not.

As I am the main buyer in the household, I thought my resolution would be very good for the family budget.

Overall the plan has worked well (with a few digressions such as family birthdays) and I have been more mindful of my spending habits. 

Have you ever made a resolution to change your spending habits?  Did it work?

This post is part of my series, Thirty Days of Thrifty Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment