Pages

.

Twice Baked Cauliflower and Potatoes


I had every intention of following the original recipe when I saw this. Then I found out that I didn't have as much cauliflower as I originally thought. So I added potatoes.

I think it was better adding the potatoes for the family too.  This way I could tell them that it was potatoes, and be telling the truth.




I thought this was excellent.  I would totally nix the potatoes and just use cauliflower.  No, cauliflower doesn't taste like potatoes but it's not supposed to.  This is very healthy and still makes your mouth happy.



Twice Baked Cheesy Cauliflower & Potatoes
Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen

1 lb. cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1 lb. potatoes, chopped
4 oz. cream cheese, light
1/2 cup sour cream, light
2 tbsp. onions
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
8 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook potatoes and cauliflower in boiling water until until soft. I found cooking the potatoes for about 10 minutes and then adding the cauliflower until they were both soft worked well.   Drain well and mash with a potato masher, leaving some chunks.  Mix in cream cheese, sour cream, onion, parmesan cheese and the crumbled bacon.  Spread evenly in an 8 x 8 in. pan.  Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 

One Year Ago...








Broccoli Cheese Soup

This is linked with:
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at 21st Century Housewife
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family
Best Recipe at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.





No comments:

Post a Comment