Pages

.

Ratatouille Pizza Polenta Bake



I was skeptical about how this would turn out.  Would it just seem like a huge pile of vegetables?  Would it seem more like a side dish?  Would the polenta be weird on the bottom?  I just wasn't sure how it could come together.

My oh my was I pleased with the result! 


At first it reminded me of a veggie lasagna.  Then the next day, the leftovers reminded me of pizza.  Yea, definately pizza. Only a fork and knife kind of pizza, not the kind you pick up.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a gluten free pizza but it certainly is close. 



Ratatouille Polenta Bake


1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1 small eggplant, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tube (16 oz) polenta (I used plain but any flavor would be fine)
2 oz. shredded Swiss (or parmesan)
4 oz. Asiago cheese (or mozzarella)


Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray.  Cook onion and pepper in pan for about 3 minutes,  Stir in eggplant, zucchini, salt and pepper.  Cook 3 - 4 minutes until veggies are tender.  Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning.  Cook for 3 minutes. 

Cut polenta into circles and line the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray.  Overlap if necessary. Sprinkle swiss or parmesan cheese over polenta. Top with vegetable mixture.  Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and bake in oven for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.

Total calories = 1200 calories
8 servings = 150 calories

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey's What's for Dinner, Mom?
Made By You Monday at Skip To My Lou
Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment