Pages

.

Marinated Grilled Zucchini


Looking for recipes to use up some of the zucchinis and pattipan squash in the garden, I found this one in Stephanie Alexander's The Cook's Companion (1996).

It is really more of a guide than a recipe, as quantities are not given.  My additions are in italics.

To grill zucchini: Halve zucchini or squash or cut thick slices on the bias.  Brush with olive oil aand place under a hot griller until the surface starts to look blistered and golden.  You can also use a chargrill pan.

To marinate zucchini: Layer grilled zucchini in a flat dish (I used a square cake tin - boring but effective) with thinly sliced garlic, chopped mint (I used basil as well as mint from my summer garden), pepper, a sprinkling of red-wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil on each layer and marinate for 1 hour before enjoying.

That's it.  Simple and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment