Pages

.

Fat & Fluffy Snickerdoodles

 
 
 
I've never made snickerdoodles.  I've eaten plenty, but never made them. Well, I've been making a LOT of cookies lately.  Between the online cookie auction and cookie swaps, cookies have been a plenty around here.  I wanted to try some different recipes and was excited when I found these Snickerdoodle cookies.



 
 I loved how easy these were to make.  Actually, what made them super easy was that I had the kids roll them into balls and dip into the cinnamon sugar.  They had a blast and I didn't have to do much at all. We ate some and sent some to several friends and everyone has given positive reviews!  My kids are already asking for them again!





Fat & Fluffy Snickerdoodles
Recipe from How Sweet It Is

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. milk
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp. cinnamon for dipping

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugar with mixer until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla, mixing well to combine, about 2 minutes.  Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.  Mix until dough comes together.  Add milk.  If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tbsp. at a time until it comes together.  Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

In a bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.  Remove dough from the fridge and roll into 1 in. balls.  The kids like to do this.  Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.  Lightly press down on dough to flatten it just a bit.  Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment