Pages

.

Spaghetti Squash Gratin



Don't you love the recipes that are packed plum full of veggie and taste absolutely delicious?  Plus, the best part of this meal is that you get to eat an enormous piece, get extremely satisfied and full for about 400 calories. 

Yes, I know I've been posting a lot of recipes lately with spaghetti squash but I just can't help but pick one up every time I go to the grocery store.  Then it sits on my counter until I figure out what to do with it.  


I'm glad I chose this recipe, it was fantastic!

Hubs even liked it!  Do you think he noticed there wasn't meat in it?  Not a bit. 


Spaghetti Squash Gratin
Adapted from The Healthy Foodie


1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 box frozen spinach, thawed
3 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quartered
3 oz. walnuts, chopped
3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 oz. asiago cheese (or swiss)


Sauce:
Zest of 1/2 lime (I forgot this)
3/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 whole egg
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp. corn starch
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt


Sprinkle both halves with a bit of salt and pepper and lay them face down in a shallow baking dish.  Add about 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the pan, cover with foil (I didn't) and cook for about 40 minutes, until tender. 


Coat pan with a bit of cooking spray and add onion, salt and pepper.  Cook onion until it softens a bit, about 3 - 4 minutes. 


Let squash cool a bit and remove the flesh by sort of fluffing it with a fork.  Place in a large bowl.  Add onion and spinach. 


Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and pour over the spinach and squash mixture. 


Add tomatoes, walnuts and cheddar cheese and stir together.  Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 in. pan and sprinkle with cheese. Cook in the oven at 375 for about 40 - 45 minutes until cheese turns golden brown and mixture starts bubbling. 

Total calories = 2413 calories
6 servings = 402 calories per serving

One Year Ago...







Dutch Apple Cheesecake

This is linked with:

$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey's What's for Dinner, Mom?
Made By You Monday at Skip To My Lou
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment