Pages

.

Baked Potato Burritos

 
 
I have been intrigued by the thought of eating vegan.  I can completely understand the health benefits but haven't yet made the switch.  I enjoyed looking through Brittany's blog We Heart Vegan this month for the Secret Recipe Club. She has a lot of recipes that I plan on making in the future.
 
I often put my meals on a potato rather than bread.  I loved making this specifically for the potato though. I made two sweet potatoes and two regular potatoes. The beauty of this meal is that it is incredibly versatile.  You can add whatever you'd like. Basically anything you would put on a regular burrito. 
 
 



Baked Potato Burrito Recipe
Adapted from We Heart Vegan

4 medium sized potatoes, any type you prefer
2 can green chilies
1 medium onion
1/2 medium green pepper
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
Salt, black pepper, and any spices you prefer, I used a bit of cumin
Salsa or Bean dip, anything you have on hand; I used a few tablespoons of salsa
Hot sauce, as needed

Directions:
In a preheated oven, bake your potatoes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions, green peppers and green chillies in a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices. Add in the remaining ingredients and heat through. Add whatever ingredients you like in your burrito, I was simply using what was on hand.

Slice open the baked potato and top the the bean mixture. Drizzle or douse with hot sauce and enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment