Pages

.

Teriyaki Broccoli Slaw Turkey Wraps - 17 Day Diet - Day 12



 I know this looks similar to a recipe I posted a few days ago, Asian Turkey Wraps.  I assure you, this is different though.  This is a recipe that I make every few weeks.  We love it.  I've posted it before but it's great for the 17 Day Diet so I'm posting it again. Plus, it really is awesome so you need to make it. 

It makes a really big batch.  You need a really big pan.  The broccoli slaw will fill right to the brim but it will cook down so it's okay.  This stores in the refrigerator nicely so it's ready for you when you need a quick meal.  My family generally eats this on whole wheat tortillas.  I put mine on corn tortillas or lettuce or just in a bowl, as is.  

It does use bottled sauce but like I said, it makes a really big batch so it's not like you're consuming a ton of sauce at one time.  Is that rationalizing?  Maybe, but I'm good with that.  :-)



Day 12 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan
Egg Whites with salsa
Apple 
Yogurt
Teriyaki Broccoli Slaw Wraps
Yogurt

I know my meals aren't very original or exciting.  My morning usually starts out with eggs.  They are quick, easy and filling.  I've been eating a lot of lettuce wraps. I really, really love them.  You can stick almost anything in a piece of lettuce.  Salads are easier but the lettuce wraps seem more fulfilling to me. It is a pain to tear off the lettuce leaves in nice pieces but it's worth it.  I think that the 17 day diet frowns upon bottled sweet sauces.  I don't use them too often but I really, really like it in this recipe. 
 
 




Asian Turkey Teriyaki Broccoli Slaw Wraps Recipe

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp. ginger (I use from the jar)
2 tbsp. garlic (I use from the jar, we're garlic lovers here)
2 cans water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
Red pepper flakes (I just put a quick shake in it, use to taste)
Salt and pepper
3 - 12 oz. bags of broccoli slaw (sometimes they come in 10 oz, it doesn't really matter)

Brown ground turkey in a pan.  Throw in the onion, ginger, garlic and water chestnuts.  Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.  Stir.  Pour in the teriyaki sauce and sesame oil.  Stir.  Put one bag of broccoli slaw in at a time and stir after each addition.  The last bag might not stir in right away because your pan will be FULL. It's okay, just cover and let it cook down a bit.  Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.  Serve on tortilla wraps or lettuce leaves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment