Pages

.

Green Chile Eggs - 17 Day Diet - Day 13



I eat eggs for breakfast almost every morning.  Well, more often I eat egg whites.  This is an egg dish that uses both whole eggs and egg whites.  The green chiles are wonderful with the eggs. Don't be afraid of using both cans, it's not too much and it's not spicy.  They just give the eggs a wonderful flavor.  This reheats very well and I love to be able to eat it for the entire week!



Day 13 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan

Fruit Yogurt Smoothie
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Caramel Mocha (1/2)
Watermelon
Chicken w/Buffalo sauce

Ok, let me explain.  Today was lunch with the girls.  I panicked a little as it was a new vietnamese restaurant and I wasn't sure what they would have.  It turned out well as I found a gluten free meal that wasn't too bad.  I had shrimp lettuce wraps over rice noodles. I didn't eat the rice noodles.  They were very sticky and tasted like nothing so I saw no reason to eat them. Then came dessert.  We went out for dessert. I found it easy to skip the cheesecake but needed/wanted something hot very badly.  It was like 5 degrees outside so warmth was desired. So I drank 1/2 and brought the rest home for hubs. Lunch was late so I ate "dessert" at home and had some super sweet watermelon and just a bit of chicken for dinner.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Green Chile Cheddar Eggs Recipe
6 eggs
6 egg whites
2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. flour (I used gluten free)
4 oz. cheddar cheese
2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chiles

2 green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 in. pie plate with cooking spray or just a wee bit of olive oil.

Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the milk and flour, then mix in the green chilies, green onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the prepared pie plate.

Bake in the oven until the center is set, about 35 - 40 minutes.

Total calories = 1075 calories
8 servings = 134 calories per serving



No comments:

Post a Comment