Pages

.

Rhubarb Dessert




 
 Anybody have any rhubarb in their freezer?  I waited until the last minute last summer to stock up.  I went to the farmers market and scooped up as much as I could.


 
 Sara from Finding Joy in my Kitchen has amazing recipes. I've made several and love how she tries to make everything healthy.  I know she's made several rhubarb recipes and I'd be willing to bet that she has rhubarb in her freezer!


 
 This is her moms recipe. Sara says that mom makes it all the time and it is a summertime staple.  I just knew that a recipe that is made that often just had to be good.


 
 It actually is a very simple recipe.  It came together very quickly. It was positively delicious and I can totally see why mom makes it every year!


 
I am so glad that I am able to post this rhubarb recipe for The Secret Recipe Club. I encourage you to check out Sara's blog.  I know for sure you'll find something awesome to make. I promise.   






Rhubarb Dessert
Adapted from Finding Joy in my Kitchen

4 T butter
2 C graham crackers

1 C sugar
4 C rhubarb, sliced
3 T corn starch
1/2 C water

1 C whipping cream
1 1/2 C mini marshmallows

1 5-6 serving instant vanilla pudding, made according to box

Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Mix well.

Press into a lightly greased 9x13 glass baking dish and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, combined sugar and cornstarch and stir in rhubarb and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Reduce head and cook for 2-3 minutes.

While the rhubarb filling is cooking, prepare the pudding according to recipe directions. If you wish, you can use a boxed pudding mix (use the larger, 5-6 serving box). Cool (cover with plastic wrap while cooling).

Whip the whipping cream until light and fluffy and then fold in the marshmallows.

Now, you're ready to assemble the mix.

(1) Spread the rhubarb layer over the cooled graham cracker crust.
(2) Cool -- to almost room temperature.
(3) Spoon the whipped cream with marshmallows over the rhubarb layer.
(4) Spread the cooled pudding over the marshmallow layer.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.












No comments:

Post a Comment