Pages

.

Aztec Chicken - 17 Day Diet - Day 4

 
I searched my archives, looking for some low carb chicken recipes. I posted this recipe almost 2 years ago. It was so good, it deserves a comeback. I did make a larger batch this time. My plan was to have chicken leftover for lunch the next day. Instead, we all ended up eating way more than expected. It was low calorie, low carb, so it all worked out.
 

 
 I bought 2 bags of chicken tenders at Costco last weekend. I knew I'd be making a lot of chicken this week. That's okay because we love it!  The seasoning on this chicken was super tasty and the pico on top just blew it away.  I could eat this everyday. Don't be surprised if you see this again on my menu in the next few weeks!
 
I'm going to make more chicken tenders with a similar spice marinade just to have in the refrigerator for salads.  There is nothing worse than being unprepared while trying to diet and cut calories. 
 

 
 Day 4 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan
 
Veggie Omelet
Apple
Fruit Yogurt Smoothie
Asian Lettuce Wraps (recipe to follow)
 
My recipes will not always match what my menu plan says as I'm 2 days ahead of my posts.  I made and ate this Aztec Chicken 2 nights ago.  I'm just giving you my eats for the day in case you're wondering how to eat on this plan.  I found several blogs that did this and it was very helpful. 
 




Aztec Chicken

2 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken
1 tbsp. oil
5  cloves of garlic
1/2 medium onion
1/3 cup cilantro
1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2  tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine oil, garlic, onion, cilantro, paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pour into a large baggie with the chicken, mix and let marinade for a few hours.  

Throw it all into a big hot pan and cook until done.  Most of the sauce will disappear and cook onto the chicken.  Serve with Pico de Gallo. 

Pico de Gallo

1 lb. tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
3 -4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper

Mix everything together and refrigerate until ready to use.

6 servings = 250 calories per serving

I had a serving and 1/2 and I am plum full!  I ate a whole bunch of green beans so my calorie count came to about 450 calories tops. 



No comments:

Post a Comment