Pages

.

17 Day Diet - Day 17




So my first 17 days are up.  I think I did pretty well.  I had a few slight mishaps with peanut butter and pork but all in all, I stuck with it and I did see results.  I lost a little over 10 lbs. and my daughter lost 5 lbs.  Not bad for 17 days. I'm happy.  I won't be blogging about the next 17 days but I do plan to continue.  The goal for the next phase is to introduce more carbs.  But only every other day.  So I'll be adding some corn tortillas, beans and squash very soon.  

My goal with this diet was to relearn to eat. Healthy, that is. I had the hardest time getting focused and I needed a plan.  This plan worked for me but it won't for everybody.  Everybody who wants to get healthier DOES need a plan though.  Any plan, Weight Watchers, Atkins, Southbeach, whatever works.  But get a plan and stick to it.  I'm back journaling my food and that is essential for me. I don't plan to give that up anytime soon. 

I thought I'd share some recipes that I plan to make in the next several weeks as I continue on the 17 Day Diet.  This egg roll stir fry was really good.  Especially with added hot sauce!







This Raspberry Glazed Rosemary Chicken is one of our favorites.




I haven't had this in ages but it sounds really good!  Ginger Peach Glazed Chicken with sugar free jam is tasty without all the sugar.




I've only made this once but I remember.  It sounds great for the 17 Day Diet, I have Bombay Chicken on the menu plan for next week!

If you're looking for more recipes, Veronica from Veronica's Cornucopia has a pinterest board all set up for 17 Day Diet recipes. I've got several of them printed up and planned for future meals.

I found a bunch of good recipes on Skinnytaste.com also. 

There is a whole section on The Doctors with recipes for the first phase of the 17 Day Diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment