Pages

.

Chicken Cacciatore - 17 Day Diet - Day 6




 
Who loves spaghetti??  I remember eating spaghetti a couple of times a week.  Loading my plate with pasta, plus several slices of bread.  Ugh, no more.  I still love it though but just need to find a different way to get it. 

I love broccoli but I love it even more with a tasty sauce smothered all over it.  So I just use the broccoli as my noodles.  It tastes great.  Seriously.  Do this with regular spaghetti meat sauce or this awesome chicken cacciatore.  

The only thing I left out was the mushrooms.  Go ahead and add mushrooms if you'd like, I just don't like them.  I'm trying but I just still can't like them.  I don't know for certain how much spice added. I started with a teaspoon of each but I know I added quite a bit more as it was cooking. I like lots of Italian flavor.  


We had plenty of leftovers the next day.  Just for kicks, I put some of it on a bed of lettuce.  A chicken cacciatore salad.  It wasn't too bad. It was a little weird with the cold crunch. I've never had tomato sauce over a salad before.  My husband looked at me kinda weird but it was more filling than just eating the meat and sauce alone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Day 6 - 17 Day Diet Menu Plan

 Yogurt fruit smoothie
6 oz. turkey
Blueberries
Yogurt
Chicken fajita bowl
Turkey 6 oz. 

I escaped veggies again today.  I kinda just munched throughout the day.  It was a non cooking day so I just had leftovers and whatever I could find in the fridge. I need to up the veggies though. 





Chicken Cacciatore
2 1/2 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (I used tenders)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 - 15 oz can chopped tomatoes
6 oz can tomato paste
15 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on low 8 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment