Pages

.

Thai Chicken Pizza


Does anyone else love Friday night pizza?  We used to do it more often but now it seems to be just an every once in a while thing. 
This pizza rocks and I need to re-instate Friday night pizza nights.


My kids are all about regular pizza with pepperoni.  No extra toppings, no funky sauces or anything.  I, however, like to try different things on pizza. So I was excited to find this pizza.

I love sweet chili sauce and couldn't wait to try it on pizza.


I loved the sweet chili sauce and the toppings were perfect!


I already had shredded cooked chicken in the freezer that I pulled out.  That makes meals like this even easier!

Hubs wrinkled his nose at the zucchini at first but quickly changed his minds after trying it.


Mmmmm... Cheesy, healthy and sweet.  Super combination in anything - especially pizza!  Hello Friday night pizzas!



Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

1 pizza crust (I used gluten free)
1/2 cup Sweet Asian Chili Sauce (plus more for drizzling if desired)
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tsp. red chili flakes
1 cup cooked shredded chicken (I used 5 oz)
3 oz. mozzarella cheese (about 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
2 tbsp. cilantro (optional)

Make crust and roll out on pizza stone or pan.  Spread the Asian chili sauce on the surface of the dough.  Add the shallots and zucchini.  Top with red chili flakes and shredded chicken.  Top with cheese.  Place pizza in oven and cook for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on it as every oven is different.  Once pizza dough is golden and cheese is nice and bubbly, remove pizza from oven.  Drizzle more of the Asian chili sauce over the top if desired, top with crushed peanuts and cilantro.

One Year Ago...













Everything Lentil Soup


1 comment: