Pages

.

What I've Been Reading



Yes, we're straying from the recipes for a moment.  I enjoy hearing about what books people read and love to get recommendations.  I love to read and wish I just had more time to do it!! 

I was sent Heaven Is Here which is a wonderful inspiring story.  It is a true story about Stephanie Nielson.  She dreamed of a perfect family.  She and her husband were blessed with four children and were very happy.  Then, a horrible plane crash nearly cost them their lives and changed them forever. Heaven Is Here is an inspiring memoir that explores how, in the wake of a tragic accident, she comes to embrace the power of love, motherhood, community, faith and the simple joys of everyday life. 

Stephanie and her husband were in a horrific plane crash - he was burned over 40 percent of his body; she over 80 percent and wasn't expected to live.  This story details Stephanie's gripping account of the crash and aftermath of the tragedy and how she beat the odds of surviving. 

Here is a video about the book.  Check it out!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZsvJ8bq2I&feature=youtu.be



Then there is this obscure little trilogy, maybe you've heard of it?  The Hunger Games?  I hear they have a movie about it or something??  I think everyone I know has read this series. A friend of mine read the entire series in 6 days!  Me? I'm still waiting to read Mockingjay.  Sorry, I'm a little behind.  I was waiting for it from the library but then my kids started reading it so I just bought the series.  I already started another book so Mockingjay will have to wait.  Plus, my son wants to read it first, just because.  :-)  We're waiting to see the movie.  We'll probably see it in the cheap theater. Yes, we're cheap.  And patient.


I am currently reading Game of Thrones.  The jury is still out on this one.  I'm about 1/4 way through this big, big book.  I'm enjoying it but I'm not eager to pick it up yet.  Some books I just can't wait to get to but this one is just okay. So far.  There are a lot of characters and I keep getting mixed up who is related to who and what family did what to the other family. 



Another notable series I've been reading is The Maze Runner Trilogy. I've read the first two books and have the 3rd from the library sitting here waiting to be read. I realize that it may annoy some of you have I have 2 trilogy series' that I have yet to finish and am just beginning another series.  Well, that's just how I roll. I read it as it comes in from the library.  I rarely buy books.  Did I mention that I'm cheap?


Oh, I should mention this series as well.  Storm Runners, Storm Runners - The Surge and Storm Runners - The Eruption.  My 10 year old read this and he loved it and wanted me to read it.  It was very exciting and had the best cliff hanger that I have EVER read in a book before.  Makes you for sure want to read the next one! 



All this plus the plethora of amazing Awakes, Watchtowers and the 2012 Yearbook, I've been keeping pretty busy with reading.  The Yearbook has awesome stories from Norway and Rwanda.  Grab your tissues if you're reading the Rwanda part!!

So what other recommendations do you have for me?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment