Pages

.

Corn Tortilla Mexican Lasagna


Remember me?  The flour tortilla lover?  It's all gluten free now so when I used corn tortillas for this soup and I had a bunch left over.  So I had to look for the perfect recipe for corn tortillas.

I think I found it.


This was a fantastic lasagna that we all love.  I'm starting to get used to these corn tortillas. Shhh!! Don't tell the flour tortillas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Corn Tortilla Mexican Lasagna Recipe
Adapted from Flour Dusted

1 1/2 lb. chicken, boneless breasts
1 large onion, diced
2 peppers, diced (I used one red and one green)
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 tbsp. fajita seasoning
1/2 tsp. chipotle seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
12 corn tortillas
Colby jack cheese, shredded (5 oz)

Combine the chicken, peppers, onions, garlic, brother and all the seasonings in a pan. Simmer for 40 minutes or so stirring occasionally.  Remove the chicken pieces and shred them with two forks.  Return the chicken to the saucepan and simmer for another 15 minutes.  Ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid over the beans and mash them.  Stir the mashed beans into the shredded chicken mixture.  Stir in the diced tomatoes. 

Spread a small portion of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Layer 6 tortillas on top. Spread 1/2 the chicken mixture on top of the tortillas, layer another 6 tortillas. Spread out the remaining chicken mixture.  (I might have done 3 layers with 4 tortillas per layer, I can't remember). Top with shredded cheese.  Bake at 375 for about 30 - 35 minutes.

Total calories = 2850 calories
8 servings = 356 calories per serving


One Year Ago...













Apple Coleslaw


This is linked with:

No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
Made it on Monday at Lark's Country Heart
My Best Recipes at This Chick Cooks
The Mommy Club at Crystal & Co.


Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment