Pages

.

Autumn Rain


Rain! whose soft architectural hands have power to cut stones, and chisel to shapes of grandeur the very mountains. ~Henry Ward Beecher

After the long, hot summer these late autumn rains are sheer delight. Nothing is more reassuring than lying awake in the middle of the night listening to the rain drumming on the roof.

Thanks to the rain of the past few days, some of the vegetable seeds I dry-sowed last weekend are starting to germinate and my new citrus trees look very happy indeed.

This cool, wet weather makes me feel like nesting. I have the urge to knit, but don't know where to buy yarn in Adelaide (apart from Spotlight). I'd love to find one of those cosy, over-crowded little family-run stores where anwers to my questions are supplied along with yarn and patterns. I also feel like baking and sleeping and curling up in front of an open fire with a book.

What do you enjoy doing on cold, wet days?

No comments:

Post a Comment