Pages

.

Cleaning Out the Fridge

When I was growing up we had a magic fridge. It was always spotless. There were never any spills or strange smelly things up the back.

Imagine my shock on leaving home to discover that my fridge did not stay clean all by itself. Someone (me) had to clean it for it to remain as pristine as my mother's always was.

Theoretically, we should all clean out our fridges once a week, just before grocery shopping. Well, even better would be to maintain our fridges daily so that they don't need weekly cleaning, but I'm not organised enough for that, and I suspect most other people aren't either.

Last week the state of my fridge was so dire that I took all the food and shelves and cleaned everything. I washed all the shelves, discarded anything that looked inedible or old, and wiped out the interior with homemade spray cleaner.

The image below is, of course, an 'after' shot. No one needs to be inflicted with the sight of my fridge before it was cleaned, least of all my lovely Mum, who reads this blog and knows what a grot I can be.

If only my fridge still looked like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment