Pages

.

Cheesy Egg Salad



I adore devilled eggs.  What I don't like about them though is the peeling of the eggs.  100 people have told me 100 different ways to boil and peel the perfect egg but rarely does it work well for me. However, it might be my lack of patience. 

The beauty of egg salad is there is no need for perfectly peeled eggs.  What I have here is all the flavor in an deviled egg but in the form of a salad.  Not so neat perhaps but delicious.  I think I enjoyed this more as I was able to use it as a dip with gluten free crackers. 

So how do you boil and peel the perfect egg?


Cheesy Egg Salad
Adapted from Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters

6 hard boiled eggs
1/3 cup onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chipped
3 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp. relish
2 tbsp. mustard
1/3 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cheese shredded

Put the onions, celery, cream cheese, relish, mustard and seasonings in a bowl.  Chop the boiled eggs and stir them into the mixture.  Stir in the shredded cheese.  Serve in a sandwich or with crackers.

One Year Ago...










Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
Made from Scratch at Living with Food Allergies and Celiac
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's for Dinner Mom?
Made for you Monday at Skip to My Lou
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul Hop at 21st Century Housewife
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Whole Food Wednesdays at This Chick Cooks
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tater Tots and Jello


No comments:

Post a Comment