Pages

.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing for Roast Chicken

Nearly every Sunday I roast a chicken for our dinner. And I almost always make the same parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme stuffing.

It's really easy.  I collect a handful of parsley, a few sage leaves and a little thyme and rosemary from the garden then whiz them around in the food processor.  Sometimes I add a little lemon zest or a few onion greens or garlic scapes.  Some diced bacon or ham would be good too.

I then add a few bread crusts or leftover, dried out bits of bread and whiz them with the herbs (I keep bread ends in the freezer for this purpose).  A sprinkle of salt and pepper and the stuffing is ready to be stuffed into the cavity of the bird.

Home made stuffing is much nicer and more economical than the mixes you can buy at the supermarket.  And the added bonus is that you know everything that's in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment