Pages

.

Egg Roll Stir Fry


I consider egg rolls a treat.  I will sometimes indulge in Chinese cuisine but won't often go for the egg roll.  Delicious might they be, they just have too many calories. 

I was intrigued when I found this recipe.  I loved the idea of eating my beloved egg roll without all the calories of an egg roll, ya know?

This was really good. Super healthy and filling.  I ate it plain and I did eat some with gluten free crackers the next day.  Does it taste like an egg roll?  Hmm...Maybe not exactly, but it is tasty, healthier alternative. 




Egg Roll Stir Fry
Adapted from Once a Mom, Always a Cook

1 lb. ground turkey, beef or chicken (I used ground turkey)
1 head of cabbage
Bok choy, optional (I didn't use it)
3 - 4 medium carrots
1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 heaping tsp. ginger (I used the jarred)
1 tbsp. sesame oil
4 - 5 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. fresh pepper

First, shred cabbage with a serrated knife.  Next, chop the bok choy if using.  Shred carrots.  Set veggies aside. 

Brown ground turkey with the diced onions and garlic.  Then add the cabbage and carrots.  Add the ginger, oil, soy sauce, vinegar and pepper.  Toss as best you can and cover and cook over medium heat until cabbage has wilted, stirring occasionally.  Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes until it's desired consistency. 

One Year Ago...






Easy Tasty Beer Bread

This is linked with:
Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Whole Food Wednesday at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
Recipe Linky at Newlyweds
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment