Pages

.

Triple Onion Burgers


I could eat caramelized onions on just about anything. I'm surprised I don't make them more often just to throw on random food.  They stay in the refrigerator and heat up well.  I might just have to whip up another batch of them. Although, we go through so many onions as it is.  I buy them in bulk at Costco and it is strangely alarming how fast we go through them. 

So of course it was my love of onions that drew me to this burger recipe of course.  I even thought to make an onion dip to top it with. 



Instead I served it with this awesome ranch potato salad. If there is anything that I love more than onions, it's ranch.  It too, goes with just about anything.  The onion burger and the ranch potato salad make for an awesome meal!



Triple Onion Burger Recipe

2 lbs. ground turkey
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup green onions, sliced
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced

Caramelized onions
2 onions, sliced
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. sugar
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar

In a bowl, combine ground turkey, red onion, green onions, salt, pepper and garlic, mix well.  Shape into 6 patties.  Cook in pan or grill until done. 

Caramelized onions:
Melt butter in a pan, add oil and onions.  Stir, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.  Uncover, stir in salt, pepper and sugar.  Heat about 10 more minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally.  Add vinegar, stir and serve.

One Year Ago...











Sloppy Maple BBQ Joes


This is linked with:
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Whole Food Wednesdays at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.
Bake With Bizzy at Bizzy Bakes
Foodie Friday at Simple Living

No comments:

Post a Comment