Pages

.

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken


Orange chicken is probably my favorite food.  When we go out, if it's on the menu, I order it.   I can't resist.  I've made it a few times and while I have never acheived restaurant quality, this is pretty darned good. 

It wasn't until after I'd made it that I realized that I've already made this.  Or at least something super similar.  I love anything in the crock pot and was excited to find this.  Again.  I actually made a double batch and shredded the leftover chicken to use for salads for the week. 




Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Adapted from Mom's Crazy Cooking

2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. ketchup
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup brown sugar

In a bowl, mix the OJ, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and ketchup.  Dump the chicken in the crockpot and add the sauce. Cook for 4 - 6 hours on low until done. 

**Alternate method:  Bread chicken chunks in flour and brown in a skillet before dumping them in the crockpot.  I skipped this part because I'm lazy!

This is linked with:
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at 21st Century Housewife
Tasty Tuesday at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Whole Food Wednesdays at This Chick Cooks
Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker
The Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.


No comments:

Post a Comment