Pages

.

Green Veggie Smoothie


Isn't that gorgeous?  I finally got my green, green smoothie.  I used my blender rather than my food processor and it blended better and I didn't have spinach chunks. 

The kids were a little grossed out by this. I admit, it was odd for me too at first as we have always made fruit smoothies with maybe a tiny bit of veggies.  It tasted just like celery and cucumbers.  But sweet!  I loved it and have made it several times.

I used a new sweetener.  NuStevia sent me an amazing package of sweeteners to try out. I had never tried stevia so I was curious and excited. I used 2 packets of NuStevia with these smoothies and it was perfect.  Quite sweet but delicious. I've also used some of the other kinds for sauces and oatmeal.  A drop or two of the vanilla NuStevia liquid is awesome in oatmeal. 



Green Veggie Smoothie Recipe
Adapted from Meatless Meals

2 - 3 handfulls of spinach
1 green apple, cored
1/2 cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 - 2 tablespoons of stevia powder (I used 2 packets)
1 tbsp. agave nectar
3/4 cup water
2 cups of ice

Stuff the spinach into the blender.  Pour the water in and grind the spinach a little.  Add the apple, cucumber and celery.  Add the stevia, agave nectar and ice.  Grind it all up until the desired slushy consistency is reached.

One Year Ago...













Chunky Meaty Chili

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
Made from Scratch at Living with Food Allergies and Celiac
My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory
Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What's for Dinner Mom?
Made for you Monday at Skip to My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment