Pages

.

Blueberry & Cream Baked Oatmeal


The only oatmeal I used to eat was out of a package.  I wasn't a huge fan of it but at one time in my life, I thought it was a healthy alternative breakfast.  Well, now I KNOW that oatmeal is healthy and it doesn't come from a package filled with sugar. 


I love how this uses honey instead of sugar.  This is still sweet and totally tasty.  I didn't get a picture of it but I ate this with a small dollop of vanilla yogurt. Perfect!


Blueberry and Cream Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Adapted from Finding Joy in my Kitchen

3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup honey
3 cups oats (I used quick but regular would be fine)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh)

Mix the dry ingredients; oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Add Greek yogurt, honey, milk, egg and vanilla.  Stir to combine.  Toss in the blueberries and stir until well combined.  Pour into a lightly greased 8 x 8 in. pan. Place in the oven at 350 degrees. Cover with a cookie sheet for 25 minutes, then remove cover and continue baking for another 20 - 25 minutes until center of the baked oatmeal is set.

Total calories = 1805 calories
9 servings - 200 calories per serving

Two Years Ago...







Sweet Potato, Potato Salad

This is linked with:
$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
Tuesday at the Table at All the Small Stuff
Hearth and Soul at 21st Century Housewife
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Kelly the Kitchen Kop's Real Food Wednesday
Whole Foods Wednesday at This Chick Cooks
Mommy Club at Crystal and Co.





No comments:

Post a Comment