Pages

.

Green Smoothie Recipe


I've made many smoothies but for the most part, kept them with fruit. I've always made them for the kids and I know they wouldn't go for anything green. I finally decided to do it. I brought out the spinach and they all went running. Well, phooey on them, this was for ME.

The only problem; mine didn't really turn green. I even added more spinach, but it didn't turn really green. It was more kinda brown. I think it was my food processor.  It certainly not the prettiest smoothie but incredibly delicious.

I only had fresh fruit and I like to use frozen so it is more icy and cold. So I did add 4 cubes of pineapple core. After I cut a pineapple, I cut the core into ice cubes sized chunks and put them in a baggie in the freezer for smoothies. Actually, I freeze any fruit that is on it's last leg for smoothies.



Green Smoothie Recipe
Adapted from Eat the Smart Thing

10 strawberries
10 or so grapes
1 banana
1 handful of blueberries (or blackberries)
6 oz. greek yogurt (I used honey flavored)
1/4 cup milk
1 big handful of baby spinach
4 cubes of pineapple core (optional, I added this)

Put all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until you reach desired texture. If you want it cold and icier, freeze the fruit before putting in the blender.



No comments:

Post a Comment