Pages

.

Honey Pecan Chicken Salad


What I've loved about The Secret Recipe Club is that I have met so many new bloggers.  Every blogger I've been assigned to has been a new one. This month I was excited have the privilege of visiting a blogger that I know and love!  Robin from Penny Pinching Provisions has wonderful recipes and I've made several already!




This month I chose her Honey Pecan Chicken Salad.  I've actually made it twice since finding it.  I love, love, love chicken salad.  I know I've said that before but so true it is!

What drew me to the chicken salad was the relish. I had never put sweet relish in chicken salad. I timidly kept adding it slowly to see if I would like it and found I put it all in and LOVED it.  Very subtle but delicious. The beauty of chicken salad is that it is so versatile. Both times I made it I made it different, just a bit, no drastic changes but just what I had around. I did sub some yogurt for the mayo, subbed part of the celery for cucumber and added some craisins. 



Honey Pecan Chicken Salad
Adapted from Penny Pinching Provisions

1 - 6 cup of greek yogurt (I used Honey Flavored Yoplait)
1/4 cup mayo
3 tbsp. minced onion
1/2 cup sweet relish
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup cucumber, diced
3/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, chopped
3/4 cup craisins

Combine yogurt, mayo, relish, onion, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.

Stir in celery, cucumber and pecans.  Fold in chicken and craisins.  Adjust seasoning to taste.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment