Pages

.

Buffalo Chicken Bites


I fell in love with this recipe as soon as I saw it.  I almost always have cooked chicken around and of course, Franks buffalo sauce is always in the refrigerator.  I just needed to come up with a gluten free breading.  I wasn't sure about the Honey Nut Chex but it turned out wonderfully! 

My own complaint was that I didn't know how much chicken to put in them.  The recipe called for 4 chicken breasts.  No idea what the means so I just kept adding chicken until it looked fine. The mixture was pretty thin while breading them but they firmed up fine in the oven. 

They were a bit spicy but were perfect dipped in ranch dressing. 




Buffalo Chicken Bites
Adapted from Skinny Mom

16 oz. cooked, finely shredded chicken
1 cup hot sauce, I used Franks buffalo sauce
1/4 cup ranch dressing, light
4 oz. cream cheese, light, softened
3 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
2 cups Chex cereal, I used honey nut Chex
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

In a large mixing bowl, mix hot sauce, cream cheese and ranch with an electric mixer.  Add shredded chicken, cheese and scallions to hot sauce mixture. 

With a food processor, pulse Chex cereal finely.  Add to a shallow bowl and mix with salt and pepper.

Form buffalo chicken mixture into small bite size balls, roll gently in the cereal mixture and place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake in oven for 25 - 35 minutes or until ourside is somewhat crispy.  Time may vary depending on size of balls. 

One Year Ago...






Green Chile Cheddar Eggs


This is linked with:
Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helens Country Cottage


No comments:

Post a Comment