Pages

.

Brown Rice Casserole with Sausage and Peppers


Easiest. Casserole. Ever.  I happened to have leftover rice in the fridge.  Hubs accidently bought bulk sausage in the tube instead of links for breakfast.  Onions and peppers are always in the refrigerator.  This was really a throw together casserole and I loved it.


I used breakfast sausage but you could use any sort of sausage.  I loved this and it would be great to play around with the spices to see what different flavors you come up with! 

 

Brown Rice Casserole Recipe
Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen

1 large onion, chopped
1 pepper, red or green, chopped
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 lb. sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (leftover in the frig, it might have been more)
3/4 cup cheese (I used colby jack)

Saute the sausage until almost done.  Add the chopped onion and pepper and saute until meat is done and veggies are getting soft.  Add the italian seasoning and cook for another minute.  Add the rice and stir.  Put the mixture into a casserole dish. I used a 9 x 13 and it was pretty thin, you could use an 8 x 8 for a thicker casserole.  Sprinkle cheese on top. Put the casserole into oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until cheese is melted all is hot.

One Year Ago...







Amish Friendship Honey Biscuits

This is linked with:
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Gallery of Favorites at 21st Century Housewife
Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello



No comments:

Post a Comment